Tuesday, August 4, 2009

We've Reached The End

Well, the craziness of summer has finally come to a conclusion as we finished up our Mission Trip this past weekend. It's hard to believe that 3 months worth of events and activities have come to an end. As much fun as it was, there is part of me that is relieved that it is done so that I can recoup and get ready for the fall. Doing something new this year and that is taking the entire month of August off for Wednesday evening services. While it might sound weird I am hoping that it does a few things. The first that it recharges those who put so much into it, the adult leaders. Second that it allows me to really prepare for a great kick-off in September. Third that we give the teens something to get excited about and looking forward to what is going to come.

On a personal note it has been a very interesting summer as God has been speaking by not speaking if that makes sense. He caused a great deal of questioning, seeking and unsatisfaction in my life and then let me linger without providing direction or answers to what I was asking. While this could be seen as very frustrating, and at times it really was, it has created a greater reliance on Him as I continually seek His face and the answers have yet to come. What this has done more often has created an excitement of what God has in store for me, for my family and for the ministry that He has called me too. Not sure where He is guiding me but I know that it will be a great journey. I will make sure that for the very few who ever read this that I keep you updated on my journey as it continues to evolve. Until then...

I am outie 5000,

Robb

No comments: