Tuesday, September 16, 2008

How time flies

I was thinking just yesterday that it has been awhile since I posted anything on this blog and I started to kick myself not staying up to date with it.  However, between trying to be a husband, a father, a youth pastor and a student in a MDiv program I have been just a tad busy.  So today as I was waiting for students to show up I thought I would get on here and fill you in what is happening. 

Ally is growing like crazy.  We had our two month check up now almost a month ago and she was in the 100th percentile for length, weight, and head size.  At almost 3 months she has almost outgrown most of her 3-6 month one piece outfits.  It's crazy to think that in just a few days she will be 3 months old.  What's even weirder is I cant remember what life was like without her.  Developmentally she is starting to grab things and definitely recognizes faces.  For some reason she is constantly smiling and laughing at me so I know that when she gets older I am in trouble when she flashes that smile.

Things in the youth ministry are going really well.  We have launched a few new things and I really believe that we will see both spiritual and numerical growth from the inclusion of small group discussions on Wednesday nights.  We have only been doing them for 2 weeks now but they have gone about 10 minutes longer than I planned for them to be but because they are going so well I don't want to stop them.  Sunday night at Water's Edge we had a great discussion about absolute truth and morality and how closely they are tied together.  So here is a thought and a question for you, Is there such a thing as absolute truth and how does morality tie into that?  Can we fully know truth?  Some would say yes.  The discussion came down to the fact that God is truth and all truth is from God.  However, with that in mind and the fact that in our finite being we are incapable of fully understanding God how can we then fully understand truth?  I believe that there is absolute truth there has to be.  But the depth and breadth of what that absolute truth is I dont know.  I long to discover and know Truth in it's fullness but I know that this side of eternity I can only discover and know a little at a time.  To discover this I must act upon what I know now.  My life must reflect the the Truth that I presently know.  Jeremiah 31:33 says, 
"'But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel on that day,' says the Lord.  'I will put my laws in their minds, and I will write them on their hearts.  I will be their God and they will be my people.'"
God is Truth.  Apart from God there is no truth.  I long for more of God therefore I long for more of Truth.  God in my life transforms who I am from the inside out.  Truth is transforming. 

I am outie 5000,

Robb

No comments: